- Are you overweight or a bit on the heavier side in your body weight in the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia?
- Do you have excess weight in the belly or upper part of the body?
- Do crave or have liking for sugary or starchy foods?
- Are you wondering “I do not overeat much, why am I still gaining weight”?
- Do you have a fairly active lifestyle but still find it hard to lose weight in Philadelphia?
- Do you find it a bit hard to control hunger that is sabotaging your weight loss success in Philly?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, and need professional help from a weight loss doctor in Philadelphia that can not help you lose weight but also help you in your efforts to keep the weight regain.
As one of the very few medical weight loss programs in Philadelphia to accept most health insurance for physician weight loss visits, with minimal administrative cost of $50.00 biweekly that includes up to two appetite suppressant prescription diet pills, losing weight in Philadelphia has never been easy.
In order to help suppress hunger and reduce cravings, increase fat burning, and metabolism, we can provide prescription diet pills when appropriate such as Adipex P(Phentermine), Bontril(Phendimetrazine), Qsymia (Phentermine Topiramate), Contrave (Bupropion Naltrexone), Belviq (Lorcaserin), new powerful injection weight loss medication, Saxenda (Liraglutide), or the all too popular HCG injections for fast weight loss, losing weight in Philadelphia, Bucks County PA, Chester Country PA, Montgomery Country PA, and other areas in greater Philadelphia has never been easier!
Here are 8 things to consider before choosing the best weight loss program in Philadelphia area that accepts health insurance and is affordable! Here are some important things to consider before you try to lose weight in Philadelphia.
Keywords: Lose weight Philadelphia
What is the secret of losing weight fast in Philadelphia?
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 1 – the first secret for losing weight in Philadelphia is simply to understand what your current BMI or body mass index is so you know where you are starting with. You can use any online BMI tools to know before starting your weight loss journey in Philly. Once you know your BMI, then determine whether you are normal weight, overweight, mildly obese, moderately obese or morbidly obese using the following BMI category table.How is BMI or Body Mass Index (BMI) calculated? BMI is a mathematical formula that takes weight-for-height that is commonly used to classify underweight, overweight and obesity in adults. It is defined as the weight in kilograms divided by the square of the height in metres (kg/m2). For example, an adult who weighs 70kg and whose height is 1.75m will have a BMI of 22.9.BMI = 70 kg / (1.75 m2) = 70 / 3.06 = 22.9Table 1: The International Classification of adult underweight, overweight and obesity according to BMI
Classification BMI(kg/m2) Principal cut-off points Additional cut-off points Underweight <18.50 <18.50 Severe thinness <16.00 <16.00 Moderate thinness 16.00 – 16.99 16.00 – 16.99 Mild thinness 17.00 – 18.49 17.00 – 18.49 Normal range 18.50 – 24.99 18.50 – 22.99 23.00 – 24.99 Overweight ≥25.00 ≥25.00 Pre-obese 25.00 – 29.99 25.00 – 27.49 27.50 – 29.99 Obese ≥30.00 ≥30.00 Obese class I 30.00 – 34.99 30.00 – 32.49 32.50 – 34.99 Obese class II 35.00 – 39.99 35.00 – 37.49 37.50 – 39.99 Obese class III ≥40.00 ≥40.00
Source: Adapted from WHO, 1995, WHO, 2000 and WHO 2004.
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 2. Once you know your BMI, the 2nd thing to know is your weight distribution as mid or upper body weight as opposed to lower body weight is considered to be a higher health risk due to the increased risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke and other health problems associated with upper body weight gain, also called metabolic weight or metabolic syndrome. The simplest way to know your health risk is to get a tape, and measure your abdominal circumference at the level of your umbilicus.What is the risk of excess belly fat? Excessive abdominal fat may be serious because it places you at greater risk for developing obesity-related conditions, such as Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Your waistline is an indication you that you have a higher risk of developing obesity-related conditions if you are:
- A man whose waist circumference is more than 40 inches
- A non-pregnant woman whose waist circumference is more than 35 inches
How To Measure Your Waist Circumference?
To correctly measure waist circumference:
- Stand and place a tape measure around your middle, just above your hipbones
- Make sure tape is horizontal around the waist
- Keep the tape snug around the waist, but not compressing the skin
- Measure your waist just after you breathe out
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 3: Once you know your risk based on your BMI, and your weight distribution based on your waist circumference, you then need to decide whether you need to lose weight in Philadelphia for better health and to reduce the risk of being overweight or obese. Let us say, you find our that you do in fact need to lose some pounds, you want to find the best weight loss program that is safe, effective, and is affordable or low cost to you for losing weight in greater Philadelphia. Although most people oversimplify the process of weight loss and say “eat less, exercise more”, as you can recall from your prior attempts at losing weight, you would know that it is not as simple as that to lose weight. If so, why is it that over 70% of the entire adult population in greater Philadelphia or in the United States in general, are considered overweight or obese? The secret to understanding how to lose weight is to first understand what is causing your weight gain in Philadelphia to begin with.
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 4: Is insulin resistance causing your weight gain, especially in the belly? Affecting up to 71% of the entire population, insulin resistance or metabolic weight gain is one of the most under appreciated causes of weight gain that can not only explain your weight gain but also may be the underlying cause of your sugar or starchy food cravings and overeating to begin with. Although most physicians and the general public tend to blame the victim for weight gain, the underlying insulin resistance is what might be driving the weight gain, food cravings, overeating and slowing down of the metabolism. Watch this excellent you tube video, a TED talk, on why blaming the obese is blaming the victim and why we missed the bus on understanding the true cause of weight gain in Philly!
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 5: Once you know what is causing your weight gain, you want to find ways to reverse it and find a weight loss program in Philadelphia that has trained obesity medicine or bariatric medicine weight loss physicians that not only understand the true causes of weight gain but can also help you lose weight safely under medical supervision! With one of the most thorough medical weight loss training and experience, W8MD medical weight loss program in greater Philadelphia area, (also available in many other locations nation wide), is one of the most effective, and low cost ways to lose weight in Philadelphia under physician supervision.
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 6: Does my insurance cover my weight loss physician visits? Thanks to the 2010 Affordable Care Act, Obesity screening and treatment related physician visits are covered under all healthcare plans although coverage for weight loss medications might be limited. Since we include up to two generic weight loss medications in the biweekly program cost of $50.00, while accepting insurance for the consultation with weight loss doctor in Philadelphia, losing weight does not have to expensive. In fact, some of the non physician supervised programs such as Jenny Craig cost more than our physician weight loss program!
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 7: Take the first step to losing weight safely in greater Philadelphia under experienced weight loss physician supervision and call W8MD medical weight loss centers of America at 215-676-2334 to make an appointment. Due to popular demand in the unique insurance physician weight loss program, acceptance might be limited.
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 8: OK, I lost the weight, now what? It is important to understand maintaining the weight is as important, if not more important, than losing weight for sustained weight loss benefit and improved long term health. Fortunately, W8MD medical weight loss centers physician weight loss program in Philadelphia offers a weight loss maintenance plan to assist you in your efforts to keep from weight regain!
FANTASTIC program! Truly a life changer! The first several months I lost on average 3 pounds a week. I have now lost 87 pounds in 10 months and I’m still losing! I can say it feels almost effortless, for with the elimination of most carbs plus the medication I have ZERO cravings and minimal hunger.My cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar have all returned to normal having previously been considerably elevated. I look and feel twenty years younger (I am 57.) Staff is friendly and supportive, and the science works.I did not think that I would be able to achieve such results, and certainly not in less than a year. I am amazed at my success, and I could not have done it without Dr. Tumpati and W8MD. D. M. *
Think W’eight‘MD (w8md) for Weight Loss!
Call 215-676-2334 to learn more!
What do have to lose besides your unwanted pounds?