- Are you overweight or obese man in NYC, Philadelphia, or New Jersey looking lose weight?
- Do you know why you may be gaining weight, especially in your belly or upper portion of your body?
- Do you crave starchy or sugary foods such as bread, pasta, rice, sweets, French fries, chips, cookies etc?
- Are you tired of being overweight or obese, and need professional help to lose weight safely under medical supervision?
- Do you want to know what is clinically proven to help one lose weight as opposed to fad diets or quick weight loss miracle cures?
- Do you have health insurance and if so, are you aware that your insurance might cover the cost of the weight loss doctor visits?
If you said yes to one or more of the above questions, you may interested in learning about the proven measures to lose weight. Before you start losing weight, you may want to ask the following questions.
What is the risk of being overweight or obese for men?
Being overweight or obese for both men or women increases the health risk for many diseases and health conditions. The studies have shown that more one weighs, the more likely one is at risk of diseases such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, gallbladder disease, sleep apnea, and certain cancers.
Why should men lose weight?
What are the benefits of losing weight for men?
A healthy weight has many benefits: including reduced risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis etc. Losing weight also reduces risk of many cancers, especially those of genitourinary and gastrointestinal cancers such as breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer etc.
Where to start before losing weight for men?
Body Mass Index (BMI)
The best way to start your weight loss journey is to first understand what your starting point is in terms of your weight relative to your height. The simplest way to do this is to use Body Mass Index, otherwise known as BMI. The BMI not only tell you if you are overweight or obese, but in most situations, it can also estimate your total body fat, as amount of fat that you carry is a good indicator of your risk for a variety of diseases.
There are two ways to check your BMI: online BMI calculator or a paper BMI chart.
- Problems with the BMI scale: the BMI scale may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.
- The BMI scale may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle.
- The more accurate way of knowing if you have excess body fat is to use body composition analaysis or DEXA scans that analyse the total body fat percentage either directly or indirectly.
Waist Circumference Measurement
While weight is important, the other thing to be concerned about is the distribution of body weight. For example, two people with the same BMI may at different health risks if their distribution of the weight is different – if you have more weight in the middle or upper part of the body, the health risks are higher compared to a lower body weight distribution. The simplest way to measure this risk is simply by measuring waist measurement. The upper limits for waist circumference are as noted below:
- Greater than 35 inches for women
- Greater than 40 inches for men
Even a small weight loss of 5 to 10 percent of your current weight can help to lower your risk of many developing weight-related diseases.
How To Lose Weight For Men?
Here are the 5 proven measures to lose weight for men.
Obesity is treated using one or more of these strategies:
- a diet low in calories such as Very Low Calorie (VLCD) or Low Calorie Diets (LCD)
- increased physical activity in combination with a low calorie diet
- behavior therapy to change eating habits
- prescription medications or diet pills under medical supervision
- weight-loss surgery or bariatric weight loss surgery
How can W8MD medical weight loss centers of America help?
Dr. Tumpati is an excellent physician: tentative, caring and an expert in his field. Laura and his staff are very helpful, supportive and knowledgeable. If you’ve been thinking about finally taking off the weight give them a call. After a thorough evaluation and history and physical Dr. Tumpati tailors a plan specific to you. That’s what makes the difference. I’ve tried other ways even other weight loss centers, supplements you name them. Never have I reached my goal. Until now! Feeling great, energetic and young again. Call now!
Locations for W8MD’s Weight Loss Clinics for both men and women:
Weight loss doctor appointmentsW8MD’s weight loss centers accepting health insurancesPennsylvania – Philadelphia Medical Weight LossPoly-Tech Sleep & insurance Physician Weight Loss Center Philadelphia1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115
215-676-2334Our farthest patient for weight loss comes from Nassau, Bahamas! Testimonials!
Poly-Tech Sleep & W8MD’s King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center
987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 (King of Prussia)
Our farthest patient for help losing weight comes from Delaware! Testimonials
2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214.
Our farthest weight loss patient comes from Dallas, Texas! Testimonials
(201)766-6469.Weight loss services offered